Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Renaissance Man.


artist.
designer of many capacitys.
classic lo head.

a true Renaissance man.

Aaron Ginsberg.

When i first got a glimpse of your talent, it was when you won at ArtBattles, when did you begin painting?
def before i was 10, i remember i used to draw scary monsters and shit. That shit prolly has some significance or something. later i spent mad weekends at the joe kubert school in dover nj. Fernando ruiz, is a god.


And from your art came the vision of one of my favorite lines Ducksworth, how did the line develop and explain the concept behind it?
Way early on I think i was looking for something else than I am now. It actually wasn't until another noteable downtown designer kinda scared the shit out of me that I started to grind. But I always loved clothes and that aint changed. When I was in middle school, I used to cut up my jean jackets and have different denims and shit all sewn together and id put chains and KISS and GD patches on that shit.
My partner Adam Pasulka (frank151) is a really clever writer and had this knack for putting stuff together, like puzzles. I also have another partner Evan schickel who is a Nuclear Engineer for Westing house. When you work with super-nerds you find that the raw elements of design lie in comfort and engineering. A graphic needs to stand up straight and maintain itself under pressure just like a building or a bridge. That being said I think that the most inspiring thing about a 'graphic' is defiantly NOT what it looks like - BUT- WHERE it is placed in relation to all the other ones. And I like things that are episodic My personal aesthetic is pure consciousness, the tiniest thought in the deepest wrinkle in your brain...thats the vibe. If you are looking for shit to reference in pop culture...you looking in the wrong place im sorry.


Also you have the Aaron project in the works, whats the word on that?
Aaron is like one of the more focused brands inside the DW company. Basically all the weird shit that no one else got the balls to attach there names to. They real soft...Im a product sorta, or not me, but the services I provide rather. I'll curate your life if you want.

Whats cool to Aaron Ginsberg?
- A non monetary system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-watersports (that aint a pun)
-Bounty Killer dubplates
-Pagers
- 5 ounce denim
- Archie
-Dice Based RPG's
-Computer peripherals...that YOU can build
-Grateful Dead
-Kush and Haze together
- Arthur Russel






if youre in ny, make sure you hit this.

http://www.ducksworthny.com/