Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Renaissance Man.


Been a fan of this man since around 2006.
artist.
taste maker.
fashion aficionado and connoisseur.

The homie Dope Boy C is a renaissance man.


Night of the living dope and The dope supremacy have the streets buzzing about you, but you've been paying your dues, explain the arrival of *CurT@!n$*...:
This is the re-introduction period right now. I been in the game for bout 10 years now, i'm only 24, so I was a young'n puttin in work in this industry. I had a record deal since I was 17, so I learned some valuable lessons in this game very young. Right now i'm just applying those lessons learned. Signed to myself so the pressure is crazy but we doin aiit so far.

You took a little hiatus, but now youre back with- in my opinion one of the best mixtape's of the year- explain the lay off?
Politics as usual. When you are signed to a company you gotta deal with paperwork and litigation. After the hassle was over, I kinda just stepped back and tried to analyze my life and see what was going on and if I was on the right path. Sometimes you need to take a breather and take a step back, that made me refocus and restrategize. Now everything is better than ever

How do you feel about being thrust into the hipster rapper genre?
I knew it was coming. People like to place labels on things to feel comfortable, i'm not really into placing labels or boxing in things. What I do is hip-hop! its raw, its fresh, its gutter, its street, its thought provoking, its just music, I don't feel like people can honestly box me in with a title. I dont really fit into any box, my sound, my message, my music is deeper than a "label".

What can we expect next from curtains?
More of the same. Just better. More music, more fashion, more shit talking, more creativity, just expect what you been seeing, it only gets better.

Whats cool to curtains?
75 degrees. Ha!


http://www.highsocietylife.blogspot.com/


mixtape download: http://www.zshare.net/download/540787173c534415/